Hovden Cabin, Slakteplassen
We are proud to present this newly built cabin attractively located at Lundane, about 2.7 km north of Hovden center. The cabins is placed in a beautiful and sunny location, and offers magnificent views.
- 5 bedrooms, 13 beds
- 1 double bed (180 cm)
- 1 double bed (150 cm)
- 2 family bunk beds (150/90 cm + 1 bunk bed 2x90 cm)
- 2 family bunk beds (150 cm)
- 2 family bunk beds (150 cm)
- 2 bathrooms
- Storage / laundry room
- Washing machine
- TV (in kitchen, loft, and master bedroom)
- Outdoor area with firepit and seating areas
NB! No smoking.
One pet is allowed in the home (Not in the beds or the sofa, for the sake of other guests with allergies).
Please remember that check-in is after 17:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM. If you are leaving on a Sunday and no one is booked after you, you can stay longer. Cleaning is done on weekdays.
What to bring
- Bed linen and towels
- Kitchen towels and cloths
Firewood is stored in the garage.
There is a boat available to use free of charge at Lislevann. It is shared with one other cabin and may therefore be occupied at times. The boat is a Vega Nordic 14 feet with oars. Fishing equipment and life jackets can be found in the shed in front of the cabin, and is also shared with the other cabin. From your cabin, drive about 750 meters (rv. 9) to parking by a road barrier. From the parking lot, walk about 600 meter to the boat mooring.
- Garage for one car, and parking spots on the property.
- Rapid charger for electric cars, and electric gate opener.
Information will be added later on.
4744 Hovden in Setesdal
The surrounding area invites you to fantastic outdoor activities both summer and winter. About 100 meters from the cabin you'll find a common area with a firepit, fishing, and swimming spots by the Otra river, shared with two neighboring cabins. The area also offers a large network of marked hiking routes, and in winter you are in close proximity to the hub for a number of groomed ski tracks, suitable for all ages.
Only 200 meters away you'll find Hovden Fjellstoge. They have a restaurant, among other services. During winter, they offer a free bus from Hovden Fjellstoge to Hovden Alpine Center.
At Hovden you will find countless activities throughout the year! For example: Hegni outdoor area, Fjellvåken Shooting Center, fishing and hiking trails. During winter, Hovden attracts skiers from near and far wanting to experience over 132 km of groomed ski tracks! Hovden Waterpark & Spa is open all year round, with both outdoor and indoor pools for all ages.
If you are coming from the north (Haukeligrend), rv. 9 to Hovden
If you are coming from the south (Evje), rv. 9
Distance from main cities in Southern Norway
- Oslo–Hovden: 290 km
- Stavanger–Hovden: 290 km
- Kristiansand–Hovden: 215 km
- Bergen–Hovden: 200 km
- Please leave the cabin tidy after your stay. Bring all garbage and empty goods. Empty the frigde and freezer for all food. Empty the dishwasher.
- Garbage can be disposed of at a garbage shed along rv. 9, just after Hovden Fjellstoge. You will find information on garbage handling in the wardrobe room.
- Clean the fridge, stove, and all other surfaces.
- Our cleaners clean the apartment between guests. If they have to spend more than two hours, this extra cost will be charged to the employee.
- Set the heating cables to at least 15 degrees Celsius.
- Shut off the main water supply (in the winter).
- Turn off all indoor lights, but leave all outdoor lights on.
- Close and lock all doors and windows.
If you need assistance or information during your stay, you may contact Omega 365 at + 47 5377 5377 or +47 982 86 931.
Feedback assists us in improving our Advantage accommodation. Please provide feedback on defects, flaws, or damage.
Enjoy your stay at beautiful Hovden!