Omega PS is now ISO certified
Information security is taken seriously in Omega’s systems development company, Omega PS, and they can now proudly say that the company is ISO 27001 certified.
- The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has been developing standards for most sectors since 1947. Norway is an active participant in international standardization, and is responsible for several important areas of standardization in ISO.
- ISO 27001 – certification of information security management system – is the world's most recognized standard for information security.
- The purpose of the standard is to protect the company's information values and the standard leads to information security work that is easier to handle, measure, and improve.
- The standard describes the requirements for a management system for information security and proposes that certified organizations conduct security work as a risk-based, continuous improvement process (ref. Sintef Infosec).
- KIWA (formerly the Norwegian Technological Institute) has been responsible for the certification of Omega PS.
“Being ISO certified shows that Omega takes information security seriously. This will be of great importance and provide additional security to all of our clients,” says Linda Andersen Matre, a member of the project group.
Omega’s own system, Omega 365, has been used in the certification work.
“Seeing how well our tool functions with the interaction of documents, activities, procedures, and more, has made the process much easier than we imagined. The system helps to create a good structure and overview of all of the elements relating to information security. This is a great advantage for future reviews of Omega PS’ information security, as annual follow-up audits are required as part of the certification,” says Andersen Matre.
According to General Manager in Omega PS, Svein Tore Haraldseid, there has been an increase in tender processes that reference ISO 27001 certification in connection with information security.
“Some of our major clients have mentioned that it is very positive that we are now ISO certified,” says Haraldseid.
ISO 27001 is an international standard for the implementation of an information security management system. The purpose of the standard is to protect the company’s information values against computer attacks and human errors, among other things. The standard also makes information security work easier to handle, measure, and improve.
Omega PS has been working towards the ISO 27001 certification since the third quarter of 2020. Although the certification process has been extensive, the project team is very satisfied with the work that has been done.
“It has been hard work getting everything in place, but our Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Jan Christian Brataas, has been a great leader throughout the project, ensuring that we completed the process earlier than planned,” Linda Andersen Matre concludes.
About Omega PS
Omega PS has a long history of providing the project management tool, Pims, to clients in the oil and gas sector. In recent years, the company has invested heavily in the public sector and gained a solid foothold in the construction and infrastructure industry. Pims supports the entire project lifecycle, with separate products designed to support project areas such as completion, document management, cost control, risk, and HSE. This Norwegian company has approximately 210 employees working at clients' location or at Omega’s offices located in Stavanger, Bergen, Haugesund, Ølensvåg, Oslo, and Stjørdal.