• Support monthly financial closing.
• Provide monthly analysis on refinery maintenance expenses, work orders and project spend.
• SAP expense project setup.
• Monthly/quarterly SOX documentation.
• Participate preparation of annual operating expense Budget/LRP.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in the preparation of Solomon refining study data (Finance portion).
• Ad hoc analysis requests from refinery personnel and Downstream organization as well as other related duties as assigned.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree
• 3+ years of direct finance related experience
• Proficient (perform skill with limited assistance) with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, & SAP.
• 5+ years of direct experience with the following.
o Utilizing analytical & problem solving skills with the ability to recognize key issues and address problems in the early stages.
o Preparing financial budgets and forecasting.
o Analyzing actual results vs budget or business plan.
o Providing financial and economic analysis.
• Previous experience in oil and gas, refining, petrochemical and/or manufacturing industry
• Experience working with SAP-MM & PS modules.
• Experience with SAP FI and CO modules
• Knowledge of or ability to learn quickly how to utilize Corporate Records Database (CRD).
• Refining related experience and knowledge of refinery industry business drivers
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Self-starter that can operate independently and in a team environment