In this position, the incumbent will work under the guidance of a program manager and/or project manager to manage the technical development and execution of projects within a major capital project execution program. These duties will include traditional technical engineering functions as well as engineering management and administrative functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates a commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
• Participates in project definition efforts including preliminary engineering, scope development, and estimating. Manages engineering contractors/services providers in the development of packages in Identification (FEL-1), Selection (FEL-2), and Definition (FEL-3) stages of project development.
• Participates in the development of project budgets and schedules during design developmental stages.
• Participates in the development of design services contracts for the design of capital projects.
• Participates in the creation of contract documents and the assembly of contract bidding and construction packages relating to the specific project.
• Manages the assembly of bidding and procurement packages for items being procured by Company, including administrative and technical content.
• Participates in the management and technical direction of engineering services providers in the development of detailed engineering and design for major capital projects.
• Provides technical services during the construction stage of the project, including timely responding to RFIs and other field queries. Spends time at the construction workface to understand and help resolve issues in the project’s construction
• Provides technical advice and adjustments necessary in the construction stage of project delivery.
• Provides technical inputs for the development of detailed commissioning plans and procedures.
• Participates in the management, distribution, cataloging, and archiving of key project documents.
• Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
• Interfaces with shared services functions such as scheduling, project accounting, and document management for needs of the respective project.
• Communicates in a timely and accurate fashion with stakeholders requiring technical inputs.
• Consults with locations on asset maintenance, facility design and preventative maintenance.
• Minimum of 8 -12 years project related engineering experience at a petroleum, chemical, or similar industry plant or with consulting company doing the same; terminal experience preferred
• Engineering management and/or experience with design for construction projects
• In-depth understanding of terminal equipment including utility systems, tankage, pumps, and docks; experience with coatings used in industrial applications
• Experience researching best chemical plant practices in safety, health, and environmental areas for engineering and construction
• Ability to read, develop, and interpret engineering, construction, and other technical specifications, drawings, schematics, plans, and similar documents; ability to read and understand complex government regulations and translate/incorporate these requirements into terminal construction, engineering and maintenance plans
• Ability to read and understand technical publications such as API 650, API 653, ASTM B31.3 and NFPA.
• Ability to translate technical plans into easy-to-understand laymen’s terms and communicate such translations in clear terminology
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Primavera P6, various email and internet programs and applications; computer-based design (AutoCAD) experience
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written; Spanish language skills helpful; listening skills; experience creating and delivering presentations
• Experience working with Federal, state and local environmental regulations including RCRA
• 4-year college degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering [for mechanical positions]
• Professional Engineer certification desired
Deer Park - TX
Oil and Gas Tank Terminal Operator
05 mai 2020