1. Reports to Contract Manager
2. Assist with administration and management of the prime General Construction Contractor(GC) (> $800MM scale) – lead role administrating and directing the GC’s subcontract execution plans
3. Client-based role to ensure GC and its subcontractors are compliant with prime contract.
4. Change Management - Reviewing change orders and establish the contractual reason for rejections or basis of change.
5. Evaluate tender/contract documents for major packages to be awarded by GC. Oversight of GC scope in administering these packages after award.
6. Active participation in daily operational meetings and activities on site
7. Reviewing the narratives in weekly/monthly reports to identify and mitigate potential areas at risk for delay, dispute or commercial claims.
8. Oversight of direct Owner contracts that are administered by the GC as managed contracts.
• Strong experience leading prime and sub-prime subcontracts for major capital projects
• Experience with large scale chemical plants, and domestic (US Gulf Coast) contractors.
• Prior role working for Owner developing and managing multiple prime agreements
• In-Depth knowledge of scopes of work, subcontract, and relevant forms of agreement
• Prior experience working extensively with construction teams and their prime contractors, to clarify and enforce division of responsibility between Owner, GC, Subcontractors and other Contractors.
• Mindset and capacity to understand and work closely with project controls, quantity surveyors, quality and safety to ensure active monitoring and assurance of contractor and subs’ performance.
• Strong communication and cross-functional cooperation skill set – the role will bridge multiple functions and execution groups as various systems/areas transition from construction to start-up
• Ability to work project site shifts and hours – starting work will be 5/10 schedules at Channelview site.
2+ year contract