Streamline documentation and workflow
Control all your project and asset documents according to requirements and standards and ensure that requirements are met.
Process documentation efficiently from submittal, through review and approval to distribution.
With Document Control, you can control documents according to requirements and standards, ensure that requirements are met, and sustain the workflow in the project.
Introduction to Omega 365 Document Management
Manage internally and externally produced documents
Learn more about our products and clients
Commencing on a renewable project?
Philip Davies from LIC Engineering shares his experiences utilizing Omega DCS when working on windfarm projects.
The construction of Norway's new National Museum
Statsbygg utilized our products in the construction of the new National Museum in Oslo, which will be the largest art museum in the Nordic countries when it opens in 2022.
Increased registration of LCI
With a simple change of focus, from documentation to equipment, Omega has significantly increased clients’ registrations of Life Cycle Information (LCI).
Be in control of all project and asset documents
- Control documents according to requirements and standards (e.g. ISO, Norsok)
- Ensure life cycle information (LCI) requirements are met
- Efficient process from submittal, through review and approval, to distribution
- Interface with contractors and suppliers via the web
- Automate document numbering based on project-defined procedures
- A user-friendly and powerful search engine
- Use predefined templates, e.g. Norsok, for numbering procedures and document coding
Run Document Control in the Cloud
- Access to the application without the burden of maintaining a distributed computing environment
- No need to deploy the application to a DMZ for contractor access
- Excellent alternative to consider if managing servers, infrastructure, and software is more than you want to take on
- The Document Control’s document register contains all project documents created internally, as well as those received from vendors.
- The register includes metadata, such as discipline, system, tags, and equipment.
- The system retains all revisions of a document, but also ensures that the end-user retrieves the current revision. Previous revisions can be accessed by individuals with the required permissions. End-users can use the browser to access documents using mobile devices (e.g. iPads or smart phones).
- Revisions can contain several files, allowing storage of both original CAD drawing files, and PDF conversions.
- Searches can be performed based on IDs and metadata, or based on file content. Documents that require action are easily identifiable.
- Documents can be automatically numbered based on predefined rules pinpointing the document type. Contractors’ document IDs are also kept for reference.
- Contractors can submit documents using the browser. An automatic validation is first run to reject invalid information. The documents are made available in the main document register when they are approved by Document Control.
- Contractors can request document IDs by submitting Excel spreadsheets containing document information, based on a template defined by Document Control.
- Contractors can access project documents via web pages (e.g. return of review comments or documents for information).
- Documents from contractors can be retrieved by other media and batch imported by Document Control.
Document review and approval
- Documents are efficiently distributed for review or approval based on a distribution matrix defined at various levels.
- Document controllers can easily identify documents that have been updated and are ready to be reviewed and initiate the review process.
- The reviewer receives an email with hyperlinks to the review area (also available as a web page), where the reviewer can do markups directly in the document, provide basic text comments, or perform a physical markup, scan, and upload the document.
- Document Control can easily identify documents that have been reviewed and are ready to be returned to the originator, and can then prepare a transmittal if the document has been produced by an external party.
- The transmittal can be accessed by an external party using the browser, without needing to install an application or plugin.
- Document controllers maintain an overview of all reviews on an ongoing basis; delays can be identified promptly and reminders sent to ensure efficient processing.
- Document Control provides tools to ensure documents are produced with a consistent layout, according to project requirements.
- MS Office templates, which can be defined per document type, can be used when creating documents. The templates are standard MS Office documents and are therefore easy to modify to fit project needs. Standard document information (ID, revision etc.) is entered automatically.
- Documents can be merged and converted to PDF.
- Document numbers are automatically created based on predefined and configurable numbering systems.
- Distribution to external parties, review, and approval can be defined based on a distribution matrix, which is set up at the desired level.
- Document Control is able to track emails, faxes, letters, and other correspondence.
- The system’s interface with MS Outlook makes it easy to store email correspondence relevant to the project by dragging and dropping emails directly from MS Outlook. An interface can also be set up to MS Exchange Server.
- Correspondence IDs can be automatically generated based on the project's defined numbering system.
- It is easy to search for correspondence, based on numbers or metadata. Users can also track the thread of correspondence.
- Correspondence can be distributed throughout the project organization.
- Document Control includes several reports that provide key information to Document Controllers.
Available reports include:
- Review status overview
- Overdue reports (e.g. internal review, external document deliveries)
- Document delivery plans
- Progress status
- Document lists
- Transmittal lists
- The reports can easily be filtered and configured to fit project requirements.
- Reports can be exported to various formats, including Excel and PDF, and easily distributed using MS Outlook.